Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tell Me You Don't Matter

So yesterday I went to the Poetry Festival, and it's left me feeling like everything I write is silly or awkward or whatever. You really have to admire people who can articulate how they feel, who can take something you've wanted to say forever and put it to exactly the right words. Maybe you have to be born with it...this talent to see and feel things around you that you can magic into text on paper. But personally, I'm hoping it's something that can be learned. I want to inspire..!

jfalsdjfal;sdjfal;sdkjfasl;dfjasdfj
Yeah so I'm kind of in a state of literary depression. Or something.

Anyway, this week I decided that you're probably bored of our usual comics, and as we've failed to come up with any new material lately, I thought you'd be interested in Marty McConnell [link]. She was at EBHS yesterday. She is amazing and passionate and I'm completely in love with her. Click and enjoy :)

"...tell me you don't matter to a universe that conspired
to give you such a tongue, such rhythm
or rhythmless hips, such opposable thumbs –
give thanks or go home a waste of spark

speak or let the maker take back your throat
march or let the creator rescind your feet
dream or let your god destroy your good and fertile mind

this is your warning / this
your birthright / do not let
this universe regret you."

[Edit] Un-fucking-believable.
-Amy

No comments: