Monday, March 23, 2009

You Want the Rest of Your Life to Start as Soon as Possible

Hello, hello. Look!--we haven't died, perhaps in spite of our better judgment. We hope missing us hasn't torn your heart out too terribly. We were just taking a little hiatus in the name of self-exploration. Now, I can't speak for Gal, but self-exploration in my case meant many nights sitting alone on my bed, staring blankly into my laptop, and emitting the occassional moan. This was quite reminiscent of that only slightly pathetic scene in When Harry Met Sally. But, for those of you who have seen that clinching speech he makes in the end ("When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone...!"), you know that a little moaning can go a long way. I have no idea what I mean by that.

In any case, I believe--I hope--we have come up with some promising results! Our next little "project," if you will, is going to be an exposee on the subtleties of human emotion. This means, as Gal so eloquently put it, that each of our strips will focus on a feeling "other than happy or sad." Sounds positively stimulating, no? All kidding aside, though...we'd like to examine those emotions that are usually overlooked. The ones that you can't quite put your finger on. Or maybe your finger's already on it, and you're just hoping no one else notices. So we hope in this next series of strips, you discover something you can relate to. Enjoy!

(Also, I apologize that my writing skills have gone to shit. Shit.)
-Amy

No comments: