Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Does Anyone?


I think these are questions that run through everyone's minds every once in a while. Admittedly, the second one seems silly in comparison, but no less important! Anyway, we probably just as often wonder about the other side of the situation -- that is, who we would miss. Today while babysitting my brother, I accidentally fell asleep on the couch as he played with his toys. I awoke an hour later to find that he had crawled up next to me and, still clutching his red Power Ranger, was snoring in the cute way that only little kids can pull off. You know -- typical Kodak moment. And I realized that time was running out; soon he'll have grown into a stage where being kissed by your big sister is totally mortifying. Sure, he won't be physically gone, but the part of him that's still okay with naptime will be. I know this is only natural, a sure sign that he's growing up, and we'll probably develop a different, more mature type of bond. All the same, I'll miss the little boy. Ah, maybe I'm getting too sentimental -- you're probably gagging at the mushyness of it all. And who knows, it's possible I'll just lose this feeling once Jeffrey wakes up and starts wreaking havoc again.

-Amy
----------
Hey Amy, you know how I know you're gay? You feel the need to express your emotions about growing up and loving your family. God, be a man.

-Gal

No comments: